Sunday, April 08, 2007

Drupla or Joomla?


drupal logo Some of you may remember that I've been trying to decide on a new CMS for the website I was running, as described in my previous post.

Since then several things changed, some of them more major than others. But, the overall influence of the time that's passed forced me into a harsh decision I was not willing to make - I have to choose the best CMS for the website.

I am not the sole webmaster on the project, and lately I've had less time to contribute to it. That changes the preferences for the decision.

If it were up to me I would choose to try out Drupal. Reasons include a wide range of users from around the net, that is mainstream sites that I surf to that use Drupal (i.e. www.twit.tv), a growing community of users and the international multi-language support it started to offer (translations are in good shape only since the last version).

However, since it is not, the decision was made to go with Joomla. I am not disappointed, and actually I am a bit relieved. Choosing Joomla allows me to let the other webmasters push forward with their ideas and advance the website, as some of them know Joomla. Those that don't know any CMS will learn Joomla, and maybe some day take on Drupal.

I will return to Drupal when I'll have a bit more time and perhaps use it for a personal website or project.

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Digg this button Reddit button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home