Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mahalo

A new search engine called Mahalo was just brought to my attention.

The design of the GUI is very attractive (and very web2.0). I couldn't help but notice at the bottom their claim that "Mahalo is the world's first human-powered search engine" (quoted from the main page).

I find that kinda weird, as I recall that Yahoo! started as a human generated database of cool sites, back in the early nineties. It was certainly obvious to be the case when some sites were tagged as "cool" (the sunglasses icon), which is something that a person would/should do rather than a program.

Surfing through the website, it reminds me of the yahoo.com of 1993. I will return to it sometime later after they've evolved a bit more, as they too seem promising.

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Digg this button Reddit button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home