Thursday, October 19, 2006

Drupal - IBM's choice of Open Source CMS

Drupal logo
IBM has decided to choose the Drupal CMS as their Open Source CMS. Drupal was prefered over Ruby on Rails and other Open Source CMS, such as Mambo (and Joomla) and Typo3. To be honest I do not know the latter, but I do know Joomla and I find the simplicity of it reassuring.

I have already wrote about my dillema, to Drupal or not to Drupal?. I am currently considering a variety of Open Source CMSs, including PHP-Nuke, Joomla, and Drupal.

The last couple of weeks were dedicated to getting to know the Joomla interface better. During the next several weeks I will look into the Drupal craze that the wave seems to have caught.

This is the link to the article at the IBM website that entails in great length the reasoning for this choice. I think you'll find it to be a good read.

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Digg this button Reddit button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home